- That everyone working has clients and ought not to forget it; they are our reason for being and should be treated as clients.
- That the vast majority of people want to do a good job and should be treated that way until they prove otherwise. And people should be given the tools to do a good job.
- The most powerful tool a leader has is leadership by example.
- The greatest motivator for most people is achievement - i.e. doing one’s job well and in a manner that adds value and quality.
- Managers should ‘hire hard & manage easy’ - i.e. take time to make sure a prospective employee is a good fit for the organization before hiring. It saves time and frustration down the road.
- That teamwork and collaboration produce more effective, lasting results & result in a healthier, more enjoyable environment.
- People are our most important asset, truly. Ergo, policies & procedures should be designed to reflect this and to foster excellence and positive behavior. We should applaud effort and reward results.
- Every employee is entitled to dignity, respect & compassion; every employee is expected to exhibit these qualities to colleagues.
- Every employee should be considered for career development opportunities relative to his/her abilities, interests and lifestyle.
- That we work to live, not live to work.
- We must have the intellectual and emotional honesty to constantly examine what we do in the pursuit of improvement; we should seek the best way, regardless of the source.
- If we have done the above, there is no place here for prima donnas, high maintenance, high drama and politics. And people are held accountable.